Spring is finally here!
As we all know, Spring represents new beginnings as flowers bloom, birds sing and the sun starts to shine. You can now start to store those big winter jackets away for next year and finally shed all those layers of clothes.
It’s now a good time of the year to review your skin care regime. Every month, your skin completes renews itself and is forever changing. So it’s always a good idea to change your products with the seasons.
As well as changing your skin care products, there are 5 Basic Skin Care Needs that you need to take care of daily to ensure you have that dewy glowing skin:
- Drink Water: It’s so cliche but oh so important for your skin! Make sure you drink at least 8 glasses a day. A good tip is to supplement one of the glasses with a warm glass of water with a squeeze of lemon (first thing in the morning). This is very cleansing for the start of your day!
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night so your skin can regenerate. It’s not only our minds that need some down time each day…
- Eat a balanced diet to ensure your skin (your largest organ) gets all the vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants it needs.
- Don’t over-consume alcohol or smoke cigarettes. Maklon Kosmetik This doesn’t need much explanation as we all know what alcohol and smoking does to our skin.
- Exfoliate and use SPF every day! If you don’t have the time or can’t be bothered cleansing, exfoliating, toning, using a serum, moisturising, priming and putting sunscreen on every day, then at least make sure you exfoliate and use a good SPF. Be careful not to use products that are harsh on your skin, as many exfoliants will strip your skin of its natural oils. It’s best to use a natural and organic exfoliant that’s gentle on your skin.
At this time of the year, its about shedding that Winter skin. But make sure you pick gentle natural products that won’t strip your skin.